The Beastmen of LokothAuthor: Michael Emminger © 1999 | url
This Unit was Winner of the Create-A-Unit Contest at www.beyond-adventure.com (April 1999).
Every warrior dreads the fate that awaits those that die in battle against the Devout. Their still warm flesh is stripped from their bones and they rise again to join the Dark Ones armies. Yet even worse things happen to those that fall into the hands of the Devout alive: In the dark pits under his new citadel in Kerak Ket the captives of Lokoth scream in agony as their tortured bodies are twisted, mutated and fused together with those of wild beasts, turning them into insane killing machines. On the battlefield the sheer bloodlust of the Beastmen drives them into a killing frenzy that can only be held in check by the Beastmasters, fierce warriors who can barely keep them under control, constantly lashing out at them with their Whips of Domination.
- All Beastmen have the Blood Frenzy Special Ability (LoTR p.54). However if the Beastmen unit is accompanied by a Beastmaster, he may stop the frenzy by lashing the Beastmen into submission. To do so, he must attack one Beastman in CC with his Whip of Domination. Charge bonuses do not apply for this attack and the Beastmaster does NOT have to use his Secondary attack. The frenzy will end regardless if the Beastmen is killed or not.
- Each Beastmen may buy ONE of the Special Abilities listed below.
- You may not have more than two Beastmen with the same Special Ability.
- The Beastmaster has the Secondary Attack Special Ability.
- The Beastmaster is NOT a Beastman himself. He therefore may neither buy a Beastmen SA nor does he suffer from Blood Frenzy.
- up to 1 Beastman Champion per 4 Beastmen
The Beastmaster is armed with a Whip of Domination and a Short Sword.
Beastmen are armed with a Sword and Shield.
Beastman Champions are armed with a two-handed Battle Axe.
Notes to Whip of Domination: The Whip of Domination does not get a DAM bonus when charging. When using a Whip of Domination, the wielder suffers a -2 to CC.
Beastman Special Abilities
- Ram Attack Special Ability, DAM 8 - 5 pts
- Leap Special Ability - 8 pts
- Tough Hide: +2 A - 8 pts
- Bite Attack: 1 free DAM 7 Bite Attack per action at -4 to CC. Strength is NOT added. - 6 pts
- Hunter Special Ability - 6 pts
- Tusk Attack: 1 free DAM 7 Tusk Attack during the Charge. Strength is NOT added. -6 pts
- Ferocity Special Ability - 6 pts
© 2005 - 2022 www.chronopiaworld.com -